We believe in looking after our beautiful planet:
- Being vegan we use only plant based ingredients. Compared to meat, plant foods require significantly less (possibly 100x less) land and water to grow.
- We compost all of our food and cafe scraps and have a company that comes and commercially composts for us.
- All of our cafe plates, cutlery and bags are compostable. We have bins for customers to use for these. Currently our cutlery is PLA (compostable plastic) and will be shortly changing to wooden cutlery. We offer reusable sporks for customers to purchase ($1) that they can use instead of wood.
- All of the cardboard that our ingredients come in is texturised (with a special machine) to make packaging materials and filler material for our online orders. We do not use bubble wrap or polystyrene.
- We are very admin lean and have minimal paper use. We do not offer recipes and have our eftpos machine receipts turned off.
- All of our reheat meals are packed in compostable boxes, and come with a compostable wool blanket and reusable ice packs. Customers can return the ice packs and wool blankets to us for reusing.
- Most of our produce comes from local farmers. As we get produce in returnable crates, there is very little packaging involved.
- We have reusable baking sheets so we do not have to use endless amounts of baking paper when toasting our mueslis.
- We make our own cashew milk, peanut butter and coconut cream minimising the amount of UHT packs.
- All of our peanut butter jars are reusable.
We do know that that we are not perfect. We do use plastic bags for our muesli and there are still some items that food products that are delivered to us in plastic. Our fridge drinks are in recyclable cans and plastic containers. However we are slowly improving and each year are finding more and more ways to be friendlier to our environment.